How high is a dartboard? Dartboard distance and height refers to the distance from the center of the dart board to the ground, generally 1.73 meters, which is the standard height for official competitions. Of course, if you are limited by space in your home or office, or you are not tall, the height can be adjusted appropriately.
The straight line distance between the throwing line and the dart board is 2.44 meters. In fact, the straight-line distance between the dart line and the dart board is not completely uniform across the world, which is also a headache for the game organizers. In England, the distance is between 1.83 meters and 2.74 meters. 2.44 meters is the most influential event in the United Kingdom International News Championship, so we generally default to 2.44 meters. The British National Darts Association stipulates that the shortest throw distance is 1.83 meters, allowing players to throw more than this distance. All major U.S. Darts Championship standards use 2.37 meters as the standard dartboard distance.
The following are the more complete and detailed specific requirements for the standard international dart competition rules:
1. The venue for darts competition should be set indoors, and the indoor height should not be less than 2.8 meters.
2. The backboard of the dart board should be made of wood, perpendicular to the ground, and the color should be a single dark color and not reflective.
3. The ground of the dart throwing area
(1) The lower floor is a wooden floor with a certain width (width between 1 and 2 meters).
(2) Cover the floor with carpet or rubber.
(3) The floor of the dart throwing area should be kept clean, flat and free of obstacles.
4. Dart throwing area
(1) Hanging height of dart board
The vertical height from the center point of the inner center circle (50 divisions) to the ground is 1.73 meters. The entire dart board should be perpendicular to the ground.
(2) Throwing dartboard distance
The distance from the center point of the front of the dart board to the vertex of the vertical line on the ground to the exact center point of the dart line is 2.37 meters, which is the shortest distance for a player to throw a dart.
(3) Dart line
The dart line should be a regular line or board with metal, wood or plastic texture that protrudes from the ground, with a height of not less than 0.03 meters and a width of more than 0.6 meters, parallel to the front of the dart board. The diagonal length from the center point of the inner center circle to the exact center point of the dart line is 2.93 meters.
(4) The distance between each dart throwing area is based on the distance between the corresponding sides of the two dart boards, and this distance should not be less than 2 meters.
After understanding dartboard distance And Height, now you can start your darts selection.